Every Monday, iPhoneography Oz invites a blogger to cover a topic about Australian society. Today, meet Béatrice from Montreal, Canada. She writes the blog Eille la cheap !, a lifestyle blog for women who have too many interests and who wish to live a perfect life without breaking the bank. Just like us, she has enjoyed spending time in Sydney, particularly at Sydney Festival 2013.
This is a guest post by Béatrice Bernard-Poulin of Eille la cheap !
Some of you may have seen this photo circulate on the web, after all, it is quite amusing! As part of the Sydney Festival, which lasts for three weeks every January, many activities took place all over the city of Sydney. From music to art and participative activities, there was something for everyone. I totally fell in love with this installation in Darling Harbour, that simply represents... a rubber duck, a ducky you bring into the tub. But in a gigantic version... the world's largest Rubber Duck! The artist who created this installation is Florentijn Hofman from the Netherlands. The inflatable duck is five storeys high and has been travelling the world since 2007.
- Hometown: Montréal, Québec, Canada.
- Most awkward Australian moment: Spraining my ankle really, really bad after 9 days in Sydney, in 2010. Not necessarily awkward, but I got made fun of a LOT after this one.
- Favourite Australian place: I can't decide between Hobart and Sydney...
- Worst Australian place: Adelaide. Nothing to do or see there.
- Vegemite or Nutella: Nutella! Not even a question. Vegemite is the absolute worst thing.
What do you think? Have you been to Sydney Festival? What are the best Sydney events? In summer, what are the things to do in Sydney that you would recommend? Let us know in the comments below!
Photo captured by @beatricebp (Android). If you would like to guest post for iPhoneography Oz, send us a message and we will give you the details about how YOU can allow the iOz community to experience a preview of Australian society.